Pete Marketos tries high-stakes business disputes to juries.
Pete has won seven, eight, and nine-figure verdicts in state and federal courts. His verdicts have been featured in National Law Journal’s “Big Money Wins” and the Texas Lawyer’s “10 Million Dollar Club”—which included two of his verdicts in the same year.
Over the past two years, Pete was lead counsel in six jury trials and won them all. Those results include:
- A $136 million verdict against Mercedes-Benz from a unanimous jury after a two-week fraud trial—the largest business litigation verdict in the United States in 2013.
- A complete defense verdict against a market-dominant credit monitoring company on its claims for theft of trade secrets and a $10.9 million counterclaim verdict for willful violations of antitrust laws.
- A fraud and breach of contract verdict against a national communications company over a $15 million supply contract, resulting in a $5 million judgment.
- A $6 million verdict against UPS for negligence after a collision between a UPS truck and a cyclist rendered the cyclist a quadriplegic.
- A complete verdict dissolving a partnership that owned seven restaurants at DFW Airport after misconduct by a partner, and a take-nothing verdict on the partner’s $13 million counterclaim.
- A complete defense verdict and a counterclaim verdict for damages and attorney’s fees in a products defect dispute between two national roofing suppliers after termination of a $75 million supplier relationship.
In earlier cases, Pete won a $13 million judgment against corporate executives in the payment processing industry for racketeering (“RICO”) violations, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty after a three-week federal trial; a $6 million verdict on his healthcare clients' claims of fraud, theft, and breach of contract against an investor; and a seven-figure verdict for trade secrets violations and a successful defense of a $20 million counterclaim under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Pete is featured in the Texas Super Lawyers publication, D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for Business Litigation, and the Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation.
The Texas Lawyer recognized RGM as the Litigation Firm of the Year for 2013 in the small firm category.